Sunday, June 3, 2012

Siren Bar and Restaurant, Gungahlin ACT

Siren Bar and Restaurant

http://www.sirenbar.com.au/

Food: 2.5/5
Atmosphere: 3/5
Service: 2/5
Cost: $$


Loved the pillows in the dining area.

This was my second vivit to Siren Bar and Restaurant. I don't mind this place. Afterall, it is the only bar in the developing area of Gungahlin at this stage. I have a feeling that if there was another bar of this standard to appear in Gungahlin, Siren might actually pick up their game.

To begin my late lunch, I ordered the 'Oopsie Daisy Maisie' cocktail. Nothing special and too sweet for my liking. I opted out with trying anymore cocktails and stuck to the sparkling champagne, which was delicate and refreshing. I was super impressed with the 200mL Piccolo capacity champagne flutes! A big winner with me!

Oopsie Daisy Maisee - a combination of Vodka, Midori, Blue Curacao and Peach Schnapps topped with pinapple juice, lemonade and cream.
$16

200mL Piccolo of sparkling wine.
$7

My taste for Champagne didn't stop there and I decided to order the Champagne Risotto. Big mistake - it was bland, too peppery and didn't even contain the essence of Champagne. My friend ordered the Salt and Pepper Calamari and it proved to be tender and satisfying. I was salivating over the other meals I could see coming from the kitchen, including the Sirloin Steak dish, Vodka Infused Fish (massive!!) and various Tapas dishes. On this occasion I think I may have lucked out on my choice of meal. Just quietly, I also can't wait to go back and try their Toblerone cocktail.





The price is standard for a bar in Canberra, our meal and drinks coming to a total of about $100 for two. I just wished that the service had been better, as we had waited 20 minutes for our orders to be taken. The other annoying factor was that two thirds of the entire establishment had been booked out for two seperate parties. Not sure whether this is great for business or not, as we were limited as to where we could sit for the afternoon/evening.

Siren Bar and Restaurant has the potential to do really well in this area, yet in this case it seems that lack of competition has at times caused laziness.

Sundried tomato pizza bread.
$9.90

Unfortunately, it was undercooked but it still tasted delicious.

Champagne Risotto - a let down.
$22.90

Salt and Lemon Pepper Calamari
$14.90


Siren Bar and restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment