Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Bank Hotel, Bega NSW

The Bank Hotel

Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 1/5

The Bank Hotel was established in the 19th century with the position of proprietor changing frequently. The Bank has a bistro, seating up to 90 in comfort, with two open fires and a fully air conditioned bar area. I used to come here as a child every Friday night with my family, so this restaurant has many special memories. I find myself here on weekends when visiting, not for dining but for playing pool in the bar area.

Unfortunately the decor has not been updated for at least 25 years, so don't expect a modern, extravagant dining experience. Luckily the food makes up for the lack of atmosphere.


Pseudo wooden tables, featuring a candle. No table cloths.

Light your own candle.

Basil pesto and feta pizza bread. This was surprisingly delicious!

Garlic bread.

Scotch fillet (medium rare) wrapped in bacon with mushroom sauce and vegetables. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but this was the most tender, luscious meat I have had in years!!

Cooked to perfection, so succulent!

The Bank Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment