Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Simply Pho, Gungahlin ACT

Simply Pho

Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 3/5
Service: 4/5


This neat, clean little dining establishment proved to be more than I had expected. I have been meaning to try this eatery for a while now, particularly after tasting my first ever Beef Pho in 2010 in Cabramatta. Although this Pho didn't live up to the authentic Vietnamese expectations of my previous encounter, this particular bowl of goodness was still delicious, satisfying and clean on the palette.

Both Chicken Pho's ordered on the day came with a complimentary (mountainous) serving of fresh beansprouts, red chilli, a few small wedges of lemon, as well as a few sprigs of fresh Vietnamese mint and what appeared to be fresh Thai Basil (I prefer lime instead of lemon, however one of my working colleagues cleverly pointed out that maybe it's not the season for limes). The chicken was poached perfectly; the noodles were of a high-quality; and the clear broth had that sensuous star anise flavour, common to the traditional Pho. Another big plus for me was each table having it's own condiments, including hoisin sauce, hot chilli sauce, soy sauce and an abundance of chopsticks!

The service was friendly and efficient, and the aspect I liked most was the relaxed atmosphere and super clean restaurant and kitchen (yes, I did take a quick peak whilst paying). I definitely recommend Simply Pho if you're after that quick, affordable and healthy 'fill-me-up' meal. The Tapioca Pearl Smoothie is next on my hit-list!

Simple, short, clear menu.







Pho condiments plate.


Directly in the centre of Gungahlin Marketplace, possibly the best location.

Rice paper rolls (vegetarian) - a fresh mix of vermicelli noodles, lettuce, and Vietnamese mint with dipping sauce  
$6.80



Julienne pork rolls - a fine mix of shredded pork and pork rind, mint leaves and ground rice wrapped in rice paper with dipping sauce
$6.80


Regular chicken pho - sliced tender chicken breast in tasty wholesome chicken broth
$11.00

Large chicken pho - sliced tender chicken breast in tasty wholesome chicken broth
$13.50



Love a pho with lots of noodles, thin and wide!!


Simply Pho on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment