Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waterfront Cafe, Merimbula NSW

Water front Cafe, Merimbula

http://thewaterfrontcafe.net.au/


Food: 2.5/5
Atmosphere: 3/5
Service: 3.5/5

I might offend a few Victorians here, but I don't see what all the fuss is about the Waterfront Cafe. This is my first visit to this establishment and I wasn't overly impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the scenery from the boardwalk is fantastic, and as far as positioning goes, the location is perfect for a cafe / restaurant, right in the heart of Merimbula. I guess this is one of the reasons why this place always seems to be packed whenever I walk or drive past on the odd occasion, no matter what time of day or season. To be completely honest, I've never seen any of the locals eating here - there seems to be a lot more of the tourist crowd than anyone else. (Let me know if I am mistaken).

To put it simply, the food didn't have that 'wow' factor that I thought might be the reason for the attraction of the masses during tourist seasons. I felt that the meals were over-priced for the serving size, however the seafood was very fresh. Unfortunately, I didn't come away from this lunch feeling satisfied, and probably wouldn't try this place again. I would suggest taking a quick stroll further up the boardwalk to Pier One, anytime.




Chimichurri Oysters



 


Salt and pepper squid with salad and garlic aioli.



Waterfront Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment