Sunday, April 22, 2012

Poachers Pantry, Hall NSW

Poachers Pantry

http://www.poacherspantry.com.au/

Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
Service: 2.5/5


Poachers Pantry is set within a lovely location in Hall, just over the border from ACT. It was a pleasant drive from Gungahlin to the farm itself, which made for a lazy start to our Sunday. My friend loved the scenery and complimented on the area as we drove through the property.



We arrived in the carpark on quite a bleak looking day,as it began to rain as we exited the car. As we strolled down the path to the restaurant I couldn't wait to be seated and browse through the menu, as I had only heard good words about this place. Unfortunately, my first impressions were tainted by the service. Yes, it was prompt, but dull. There was no conversation made by our waiter/esses, and we were not asked ''how our meal was'' at any point during our brunch.

My friend ordered the Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Potato and Chive Rosti ($18), and it was absolutely delicious! The serving size was also a reflection of the price. On the other hand, I was disappointed at the much smaller portion size of the Baked Eggs with Washed Rind Cheese and Prosciutto. To my dismay, this was also $18 for two small slices of multigrain toast accompanied by a small ramiken of two baked eggs, a miniscule piece of cheese (although very delectable) and a thin slice of meat.
Overall, the brunch experience was great, but the difference in serving sizes was a real let down. Poachers Pantry also offers a delightful array of gourmet products and goods. Upon my next visit I intend to purchase some of these goodies, however I will NOT be ordering the Baked Eggs again. It is also a goal of mine to dine here for dinner in the future. Hopefully, my first impressions can be turned around.








Skinny flat white.

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Potato and Chive Rosti  $18

Baked Eggs with Washed Rind Cheese and Proscuttio  $18
Disappointing serving size.

Yolky lusciousness.

....for next time.

 
Poachers Pantry on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment